We will be using a website called IXL in our classroom this year. IXL is a
comprehensive math review site with an unlimited number of practice
questions in thousands of skills—all of which are aligned to state
standards. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access
it from home, so you have a chance to see your child's progress!
2. Reading A-Z/RAZ Kids
This site has thousands of leveled books and resources in printable and digital formats in English and Spanish. There are Science eBooks, videos, and many other eResources!!! You will need the teacher username: nparks10 and your child's username & password.
3. Grammaropolis-Grammar Practice
4. ST MATH
Each child has a unique
password given to him/her by ST MATH that he/she must memorize;
teachers do not have a copy of the password. I will be monitoring
the students' progress and we will be working on ST Math at
school as well. Try to allow your child time to work on ST Math at home; research shows that
students who complete at least 75% of the entire ST Math syllabus
(or more) will show greater success on the Math portion of the
Students are working on coding this year! We are very excited
because they are being introduced to computer programming!! Each child has a
unique picture password to sign in.
This is a digital library complete with audio, text highlighting,
and an embedded dictionary.
To read on MyON:
a.Click on the blue link below.
b.School Name: Walt Disney Magnet School
c.Username: Student's First Initial, Last Name and last 4 digits
of Student ID
Students have already been using MyON and know how to log in.
7. Think Central
This is a website that allows parents & students access
to the Harcourt Math (GoMath) and Science Fusion, that we use in
the classroom. Be sure to click "Private School" in the District drop down and then Walt Disney Magnet School. The majority of the students will log in with the first letter of their first name and their last
name-all lowercase & the password is disney-all lowercase.
Example- (for most students but not all students)
password: disney2020- for all students!!!!!!!
Several students will have usernames that follow a different pattern. However, their
passwords will still be-disney. All students will be receiving copies of the usernames and
passwords to take home and a set to use at school.
Once you log on, you will be able to click on THINGS TO
DO, MY LIBRARY & MY TEST SCORES. Clicking on "MY TEST SCORES"
will give you your child's Reading test score & you will see your
child's answers & what he/she had wrong; you will be able to go
over the test with your child at home. Clicking on "MY LIBRARY"
will give you access to Harcourt Resources that we use in school.
Clicking on "THINGS TO DO" will give you assignments that your child can
do at home or assignments for school. Please let me know if you have any questions.
8. My View Literacy
This is our brand new Reading program published by Savva Learning Company. Students have a large consumable text where they will complete their lessons for Reading/Language Arts. They may also access online resources here and assessments. Everyone's password is disney123.
9. Fast Forword Link-Students can log in to Fast Forword at home. They should enter
the name of their school: Walt Disney Magnet School (the school
will show up & they should click on the name.)The username is
their first name (it may be lowercase letters) & the password
10. MATH TEXT-GO Math
11. Science Text (if link doesn't work or freezes, log in to Think Central to access Science text.)
12. Social Studies text-Mapping Our World-Magazine 1
Log in link: https://www.hmhco.com/one/login/
Select "Independent School" if that option is provided.
13. Parents check your child's grades regularly on CPS PARENT PORTAL!!!
14. Adapted Mind Videos to Help Students with Math Concepts/Test Prep
15. MATH MAP TEST PRACTICE
16. MATH GAMES
17. Educational Games
18. These are videos from New American Cursive that show proper
pencil and paper position for cursive writing as well as the
correct way to hold your pencil for right-handers and for left-handers.
These are amazing videos that help students master content, build vocabulary and engage in 21st-century skills.
20. Teaching Books-exciting collection of resources and books!! Students have a username and password that was sent home in a letter and it's posted in Google Classroom.
21. Pebble-Go-K-3 books to use for research. Students have a username and password that was sent home in a letter and it's posted in Google Classroom.
22. Epic Books-books offered at a variety of different Lexile levels that will be assigned in class. Directions for logging in were sent home in a letter and are posted in Google Classroom. Class Code: gcj2811
23. Whiteboard- interactive response tool for students