We will be using a website called IXL in our classroom this year. IXL is a
comprehensive math review site with an unlimited number of practice
questions in thousands of skills—all of which are aligned to common core
standards. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access
it from home, so you have a chance to see your child's progress!
2. Reading A-Z/RAZ Kids
This site has thousands of leveled books and resources in printable and digital formats in English and Spanish. There are Science eBooks, videos, and many other eResources!!! You will need the teacher username: nparks10 and your child's username & password. Students can use this site at home!
3. Think Central
This is a website that allows parents & students access
to the Harcourt Math (GoMath) that we use in
the classroom. Be sure to click on Chicago Public Schools 299 in the District drop down and then Walt Disney Magnet School. The majority of the students will log in with the first letter of their first name and their last name-all lowercase & the password is disney-all lowercase.
Example- (for most students but not all students)
Several students will have usernames that follow a different pattern.
Once you log on, you will be able to click on THINGS TO
DO, MY LIBRARY & MY TEST SCORES. Clicking on "MY TEST SCORES"
will give you your child's Math test score & you will see your
child's answers & what he/she had wrong; you will be able to go
over the test with your child at home. Clicking on "MY LIBRARY"
will give you access to Harcourt Math Resources that we use in school.
Clicking on "THINGS TO DO" will give you assignments that your child can
do at home or assignments for school. Students can log in at home as well.
4. My View Literacy
This is our new Reading program published by Savvas Learning Company. Students have a large consumable text where they will complete their lessons for Reading/Language Arts. They may also access online resources here and assessments. Students' accounts are linked to their cps email and password. Students are able to log in at home.
5. MATH TEXT-GO Math
6. Social Studies text-District-Independent School
Log in link: https://www.hmhco.com/one/login/
Select "Independent School" if that option is provided.
7. Parents check your child's grades regularly on CPS PARENT PORTAL!!
Setting up Account on Aspen (password reset)
STEPS to follow after clicking on the parent portal password reset:
FYI: Teachers don't have parents' usernames and passwords. If you still have trouble after following these steps, please call school: 773-534-5840
8. Adapted Mind Videos to Help Students with Math Concepts/Test Prep
9. MATH GAMES
10. Educational Games
11. These are videos from New American Cursive that show proper
pencil and paper position for cursive writing as well as the
correct way to hold your pencil for right-handers and for left-handers.
These are amazing videos that help students master content, build vocabulary and engage in 21st-century skills. We will be completing activities in Flocabulary. The class code to get into Flocabulary is in Google Classroom. Students can log in at home.
13. Pebble-Go-This site has K-3 books to use for research both in school and at home.. Students have a username and password that are posted in Google Classroom.
14. Epic Books-Books on this site are offered at a variety of different Lexile levels that will be assigned in class. Directions for logging in with the class code are posted in Google Classroom under Library Sites.
15.TumbleBooks- Animated Books for school and home!! The log in info. is in Google Classroom under Library Sites.
17. XtraMath-XtraMath is an online math fact fluency program that helps students develop quick recall and automaticity of their basic math facts.